Monday, June 21, 2010

Slow Cooker Flank Steak and Swiss Chard Salad

So... Most of the cooking today was Sam in the kitchen and me supervising from the couch. Took a spill on her front steps yesterday that resulted in a case of softball ankle, so standing in front of the stove for extended periods is a no no.

I've been excited about the swiss chard that my grandma gave me from her garden for a bit, so I'm glad we finally had a day where we could use it.
The salad is a basic cobb/spinach, using the chard instead of the regular stuff and mixing a couple dressings together to make a sweet dill sauce. Easy times, and no recipe since apparently mom got this out of a book.



A lot of my friends are big on fruit in salad, but I've always been more of a bacon and cheese girl.


On the other hand, the flank steak is all ours



Slow Cooker Flank Steak Stew


What We Used:
  • 1 flank steak
  • 1 fresh tomato
  • 1 tin of stewed tomatoes (though it was a jar in our case, also given by grandma)
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 1 tsp basil
  • 1 tbsp fresh ground coriander
  • 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/4 of an onion
  • 1/2 of a red bell pepper
Dump it in a slow cooker/crock pot until it's done. Profit.

-Sam and the Gibble

No comments:

Post a Comment